The GIST: After 17 seasons in the NFL, Indianapolis Colts quarterback (QB) Philip Rivers is retiring. Twenty-year vet and New Orleans Saints QB Drew Brees isn’t far off. Meanwhile, two of their old-timey contemporaries are just days away from the NFC Championship game. Guess you really are only as old as you feel.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Green Bay Packers: The Bucs have two big things going for them this weekend: history — the last time they made it to the conference championship in 2003, they won the Super Bowl — and six-time Super Bowl champ QB Tom Brady (who’s competing in his record 14th conference championship, BTW) at the helm.
- But they also have one major thing working against them: this year’s Super Bowl is being held in Tampa, and a home team has never competed in the Super Bowl. The Packers are banking on this — and their own Super Bowl-winning QB, — to get them through.
Buffalo Bills vs. Kansas City Chiefs: Considering their last AFC Championship appearance was in 1994, the Bills think the Bucs’ 18-year drought is cute. But they’re focusing on bigger things right now: namely, which QB will their face on Sunday?
- KC QB and reigning Super Bowl MVP Patrick Mahomes left last Sunday’s game with a concussion, leaving back-up Chad Henne to take over. Mahomes practiced yesterday, but given the nature of the injury, we’re not betting on him playing just yet.
- Step 1: Sign up for our fantasy league before 3 p.m ET on Sunday.
- Step 2: You have $60,000 to set your eight-player, one-defense roster. Each player has a price (the higher the price, the better the player) so budget wisely!
- Step 3: That’s it. Sit back and enjoy the games.