is a female-founded startup that is all about leveling the playing field. We create sports content, experiences and community that are by women and for all sports fans, mainly through our free, localized 3x-weekly newsletter that gives you “the gist” of what’s going on in the sports world in an authentic, fun and female voice. Our vision is to become the go-to source for sports for underserved fans.
Want to join our team? We hope so. Here’s more on the Operations Associate role:
Role: Operations intern, full-time, 4-month contract with the opportunity to extend.
Reports into: Head of Finance, Operations & Growth
Location: Remote. Head office located in Toronto, ON.
You will be responsible for assisting the GIST’s co-founders in a wide range of tasks spanning across the operations, finance, growth, and content functions of the business.This position will give you a full view of the business and allow you to learn about and have an impact on a fast-growing digital sports media startup.
- Pulling data and analyzing key performance indicators to help us grow and improve our business
- Supporting data analytics functions to help us understand our audience and the performance of our content
- Supporting content operations for our various channels
- Collaborating with our growth team to support the execution and tracking of growth channels and campaigns
- Researching and reaching out to potential growth partners for The GIST such as influencers, brands, and publications
- Other ad hoc projects and tasks that may arise in the course of business
- A student (business undergrad is an asset but not required).
- Prior work experience in a corporate, sports or media environment is an asset but not required.
- Excel proficiency is a major asset.
- Experience in SQL or other data analytics languages or platforms is an asset.
- You’re an analytical person. You enjoy working with numbers, spreadsheets and data and using them to make better decisions.
- You’re a quick and resourceful learner who can thrive in a fast-paced, evolving startup environment.
- You’re a strong communicator, both orally and in written form.
- You’re a great problem solver. You enjoy thinking creatively to come up with solutions to problems.
- You’re detail-oriented and extremely organized. There’s nothing getting by you.
- You take ownership over your work and strive for excellence.
- You’re able to prioritize and multitask.
- You value hard-work and team work.
- You’re passionate about leveling the playing field.
What we offer:
- Flexible hours.
- Course credit if eligible.
- Opportunity to be part of a fast-growing, female-founded, hard-working team and work directly with the co-founders.
- Opportunity to grow into a larger role with The GIST.
- Opportunity to make a real impact: we are a small team and you will be a major part of it.
This is an unpaid, remote internship. If your school has a co-op program or you’re eligible for course credit, we are happy to work with them to ensure we meet the requirements.
Picking up what we’re putting down? Here’s what’s next:
- Your one-page resume and cover letter
Answers to the following two questions (200 words max/question):
- What unique experience do you have that makes you competent for this role?
- Why do you want to work for The GIST?
Applications are due Friday, February 5th at 11:59 p.m. ET. Successful candidates will be made aware of the next steps.