is a female-founded startup that is all about leveling the playing field. We create sports content, experiences and community that are by women and for all sports fans, mainly through our free, localized 3x-weekly newsletter that gives you “the gist” of what’s going on in the sports world in an authentic, fun and female voice. Our vision is to become the go-to source for sports for underserved fans.
Want to join our team? We hope so. Here’s more on the Partnerships Intern role:
Role: Partnerships Intern.
Unpaid internship, full-time or part-time, 4-5 month contract with the opportunity to extend.
Reports into: Head of Partnerships.
Location: Remote. Head office located in Toronto, ON.
Supporting the pre-sale business development process including:
- Researching and developing a pipeline of potential new partners
- Creating targeted prospect lists within this pipeline
- Conducting extensive outreach to prospective partners
- Researching and identifying key contacts
- Persistent cold emailing and communications to prospective partners
- Researching and assessing partner needs
- Tailoring outreach communications to each prospect accordingly
- Coordinating, prepping for and participating in sales appointments
- Researching prospective partners and preparing summaries to the sales team ahead of their calls
- Meeting or exceeding targets for outreach and sales calls booked
Ongoing additional tasks and responsibilities including:
- Developing relationships and becoming a trusted resource for prospective partners
- Collaborating with The GIST’s sales and content teams on sales approach and execution
- Assisting with account management to ensure timely execution of tasks
- Managing and maintaining The GIST’s CRM including keeping all contacts, opportunities and follow ups up to date
- Managing and maintaining all client-facing sales materials
- Providing support in additional areas and tasks as they arise (we are a startup!)
- An undergraduate degree in business is considered an asset.
- Recently graduated or currently in school.
- Experience working in business development, sales, account management, or digital media is considered an asset.
- Highly proficient in all Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- You are self-motivated. You love figuring things out on your own.
- You’re a strong communicator and a people person. You are an optimistic, positive relationship builder. You’re able to effectively communicate over email, video calls, or the phone and always maintain a high level of professionalism.
- You’re performance-driven. You are results-oriented and have the desire to exceed targets.
- You are hard-working. You are diligent and have a desire to learn new skills and grow professionally. You meet deadlines.
- You’re very detail-oriented. You are hyper-organized and love lists and spreadsheets.
- You’re curious and flexible. The idea of learning new things and working outside of your comfort zone is exciting to you. You also enjoy being a bit of a detective.
- You’re passionate about The GIST. You embody our entrepreneurial spirit and passion for our mission to level the playing field in sports.
What we offer:
- Flexible hours.
- Course credit if eligible.
- Opportunity to be part of a fast-growing, female-founded, hard-working team and work directly with the co-founders.
- An opportunity to work with our wide variety of partners — from startups to global leaders like the NBA and adidas.
- Opportunity to grow into a larger role with The GIST.
- Opportunity to make a real impact: we are a small team and you will be a major part of it.
This is an unpaid, remote internship. This can be a part-time or full-time role, depending on your schedule and whether you’re eligible for course credit. If your school has a co-op program or you’re eligible for course credit, we are happy to work with them to ensure we meet the requirements.
Picking up what we’re putting down? Here’s what’s next:
- Why are you the best fit for this role?
- Why do you want to work for The GIST?
- List three companies you think should advertise in The GIST.
- Scenario question: Let’s say you have the email address for the Chief Marketing Officer of your favorite brand. You have never met before. Write a short email pitch to the CMO explaining what The GIST is and how The GIST can help their brand. Your objective with this email is to secure a meeting.
Applications are due Friday, February 5th at 11:59 p.m. ET. Successful candidates will be made aware of the next steps.
Thanks for applying! Successful candidates will be made aware of the next steps.