is a female-founded startup that is all about leveling the playing field. We create sports content, experiences and community that are by women and for all sports fans, mainly through our free, localized 3x-weekly newsletter that gives you “the gist” of what’s going on in the sports world in an authentic, fun and female voice. Our vision is to become the go-to source for sports for underserved fans.
Want to join our team? We hope so. Here’s more on the Partnerships Account Manager role:
Role: Full-time, 3-month contract. Intention to extend to full-time employee.
Reports into: Head of Partnerships and Head of Content
Location: Remote. Head office located in Toronto, ON.
- Landing new business through the creation of professional, custom proposals for prospective partners
- Executing partner engagements with excellent customer service and in a timely, efficient way
- Landing renewals with existing partners and identifying additional opportunities with our partners
- Lead in the creation of proposals and sales materials:
> Review key takeaways from sales calls and collaborate with sales team (and where applicable, content team) on all aspects of the proposal
> Provide recommendations on the scope and pricing of potential engagements
> Create client-ready proposals in Canva (or other platforms we may use) in a timely manner
> Incorporate feedback and edits into proposals
- Communicate directly with prospective clients throughout the sales process (sales calls, distributing proposal, fielding questions and negotiations)
- Manage and maintain all client-facing sales materials
- Support prospecting new partners as needed
- Support The GIST’s Job Board
- Lead the execution of all branded content across all channel
> Schedule content
> Field all client questions during the engagement
> Consolidate engagement results and create client-ready wrap reports
> Project manage the content team
> Briefing content teams on client requirements and needs
> Working closely with advertorial team to meet deadlines
> Project managing podcast and social teams
> Opportunity to support content team in booking interviews
- Act as liaison between client, content teams, and sales
- Develop relationships and becoming a trusted resource for prospective partners
- Identify opportunities to up-sell and cross-sell
- Renew and grow partnerships
- Client services or client management experience of at least two years is preferred
> Experience in digital media is considered an asset
> Experience in sports is considered an asset
> Experience at an agency is considered an asset
- Undergraduate degree
> A degree in business, communications, sports management or a similar field is considered an asset
- You are a strong communicator.
- You are an optimistic, positive relationship builder. You love speaking with people in person, on the phone, over Zoom, and over email.
- You always maintain the highest level of professionalism. You have client-facing experience.
- You’re detail-oriented and extremely organized. There’s nothing getting by you.
- You love project management.
- You are comfortable project managing your peers as well as your managers.
- You understand the steps and timelines required to reach a goal or target.
- You’re a strong decision-maker.
- You see the big picture. You take a minute to take a step back and think. You challenge the way things are done and show excellent judgment in dealing with clients and colleagues.
- You’re able to juggle multiple balls at once. You thrive at multitasking.
- You have experience working to a deadline.
- You’re collaborative and creative.
- You value hard work and team work.
- You’re a quick and resourceful learner who can thrive in a fast-paced, evolving startup environment.
- You’re passionate about leveling the playing field.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to be part of a female-founded, hard-working, growing and fun team that is looking to level the playing field in the sports industry.
- An opportunity to build relationships with our wide variety of partners — from startups to global leaders like the NBA and adidas.
- An opportunity to work across all functions of The GIST.
- An opportunity to grow with The GIST.
- Competitive wage and vacation.
Picking up what we’re putting down? Here’s what’s next:
- Your one-page resume
Answers to the following three questions:
- What are the three most important things to keep in mind when servicing a client?
- What are the three most important things to keep in mind when creating a proposal for a client?
- What unique experience do you have that makes you special for this role?
Applications are due Sunday, January 31st at 11:59 p.m. ET. Successful candidates will be made aware of the next steps.